News, Celebrities Gossip, Entertainment Gist and more...follow stories as they happen.

Post Top Ad

Cardi B claps back at Azealia Banks' 'illiterate' criticism by posting high school yearbook photos to IG






Earlier this month she deleted her Instagram account after Azealia Banks called her an 'illiterate, untalented rat' and a 'caricature of a black woman,' in an interview.
But on Sunday, Cardi B returned to the social media platform to promote her new video Be Careful.

And then on Thursday, the 25-year-old rapper clapped back at the Anna Wintour rapper's criticism of her literacy by posting a series of her own high school yearbook photos, before quickly deleting them again. 
The Bodak Yellow hitmaker captioned several of the photos 'Let a b***h tell it I only made it to the 8th grade.'
Another photo showed the pregnant rapper's old Borough of Manhattan Community College ID card, with the sarcastic caption 'but I have no education'.
And another Thursday post - which was not deleted - read: 'No one ever notices when you're being provoked, just when you retaliate.'

Shade thrown: And another Thursday post - which was not deleted - read: 'No one ever notices when you're being provoked, just when you retaliate'
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
She continued: 'There was just this really, really, really intelligent conversation going on nationally and then everything just kind of changed and then it was like Cardi B.

'I’m just talking about this caricature of a black woman that black women themselves would never be able to get away with. Like, if my spelling and grammar was that bad, I’d be canceled. If Nicki Minaj spelled like that, we would be ragging on her all day.'

Cardi B responded to Banks' offensive comments on Instagram, writing: 'I'm from the hood. I speak how I speak I am how I am. I did not choose to be famous people choose me! People followed me on Instagram and the people gave me a platform to introduce my talent. 

'I never asked to be a example or a role model I don't want to change my ways because I'm famous that's why I just mind my business. This is coming from a woman that bleached her skin but want to advocate. GOODBYE. Im not apologizing or kill myself because of who I am.'

'You busy trying to be a voice of reason and a representative for women of colour when you can’t even reason with yourself,” she wrote.
Later, she added: 'Just because I mix a few words up, forget to use commas or misspell a few words doesn’t make me illiterate and doesn’t make me stupid. And because I laugh a little harder or talk a little louder doesn’t make me a caricature!
'You think your advocating for women and your doing the opposite! I pray you find peace in your own heart and reason in your mind! Pray for your own success before you pray for the downfall of others!' 
See full photos below.?Cardi B claps back at Azealia Banks?Cardi B claps back at Azealia Banks?Cardi B claps back at Azealia Banks?Cardi B claps back at Azealia Banks?Cardi B claps back at Azealia Banks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

© copyright Divvys Blog 2018. Powered by Blogger.