News, Celebrities Gossip, Entertainment Gist and more...follow stories as they happen.

Post Top Ad

Zidane: I want Neymar fit for Madrid v PSG


Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane wants PSG's Neymar fit for the clash between the sides in the Champions League last-16 on Tuesday week.
Real head into the second-leg battle with a 3-1 lead over their Ligue 1 rivals after the first leg in Madrid, but with the news that they could now face PSG without star man - and world's most expensive footballer - Neymar.
The Brazilian rolled his ankle in the closing stages of PSG's 3-0 win over Marseille in Le Classique and is now a doubt for one of the biggest games of the season.
But Real boss Zidane wants Neymar fit for the encounter, saying, "no, I don't like it when players get injured".
"I'm not happy if Neymar is injured. Hopefully he can play," continued Zidane. "I'm never going to want an opposing player to get injured.
"I do not think it influences next week's game. There will always be a player who plays if it's not him.
"I did not like it when he got injured, I was watching the game. I don't think everything revolves around Neymar, but I hope it's nothing serious."
If Neymar is ruled out for the clash, which has not been confirmed yet by the Parisian club, then the likelihood is that Angel di Maria will step into the forward line as PSG look to haul their way back into the clash.
Real Madrid's Champions League Round of 16 second leg against Paris Saint-Germain at the Parc des Princes on Tuesday, 6 March is live on eir Sport 1 [kick off 7.45pm].
source-eirsport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

© copyright Divvys Blog 2018. Powered by Blogger.