News, Celebrities Gossip, Entertainment Gist and more...follow stories as they happen.

Post Top Ad

Serena Williams 'I don't want my daughter to play tennis'


Serena Williams in an interview with Vogue magazine stated she doesn't need her toddler daughter Alexis Olympia Ohanian, jr. to play tennis whilst she grows up.

Williams and Olympia seem on the February cover of Vogue together and Williams discovered how she has no intentions of grooming her daughter to comply with in her footsteps at the tennis court docket.

“I would hate her to have to deal with comparisons or expectations. It’s so much work, and I’ve given up so much. I don’t regret it, but it’s like Sliding Doors: Go through a different door and lead a different life. I’d like her to have a normal life. I didn’t have that” she said.

She continued, “I think sometimes women limit themselves. I’m not sure why we think that way, but I know that we’re sometimes taught to not dream as big as men, not to believe we can be a president or a CEO, when in the same household, a male child is told he can be anything he wants. I’m so glad I had a daughter. I want to teach her that there are no limits.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

© copyright Divvys Blog 2018. Powered by Blogger.