News, Celebrities Gossip, Entertainment Gist and more...follow stories as they happen.

Post Top Ad

Rita Ora, Liam Payne, Calvin Harris and more music stars pay tribute to Avicii



The DJ sadly passed away on Friday


Following the tragic death of Avicii, who's real name is Tim Bergling, a number of high profile stars from the world of music have taken to social media to pay tribute to the DJ and music producer.
Avicii passed away in Muscat, Oman on Friday afternoon, with his reps confirming the news with a statement reading: "It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii.
"He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th.
"The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."
Avicii, who's biggest hits include Wake Me Up, Hey Brother and Levels, had worked with a number of famous musicians in his career.
He recently teamed with Rita Ora on the huge hit Lonely Together.
Upon hearing the news of Avicii's death, Rita wrote: "I have no words. I remember how amazing it was to make Lonely Together and it felt like just yesterday we were talking. Condolences to Avicii's family, friends, and the fans who supported him. May he rest in peace. Gone too soon. I’m devastated. Heartbroken."

I have no words. I remember how amazing it was to make Lonely Together and it felt like just yesterday we were talking. Condolences to Avicii's family, friends, and the fans who supported him. May he rest in peace. Gone too soon. I’m devastated. Heartbroken.
Fellow DJ, David Guetta, also paid tribute to his friend and colleague.
"Something really horrible happened," he wrote on Twitter. "We lost a friend with such a beautiful heart and the world lost an incredibly talented musician. Thank you for your beautiful melodies, the time we shared in the studio, playing together as djs or just enjoying life as friends. RIP @Avici"
liam-payne-avicii
Liam Payne expressed his shock at the news, writing: "Oh my god truly devastated for Avicii very very sad news way to young ... what a talent he was. rest in peace x"
calvin-harris-avicii
Calvin Harris posted on Twitter: "Devastating news about Avicii, a beautiful soul, passionate and extremely talented with so much more to do. My heart goes out to his family. God bless you Tim x" 
dua-lipa-avicii
The cause of Tim's death is not yet known, however the DJ had previously opened up about long-standing health problems which saw him announce he was quitting touring in 2016.
After cancelling several shows in 2014 he revealed he had suffered acute pancreatitis, which was believed to a be result of 'excessive drinking'. The DJ then went on to have his appendix and gallbladder removed.
Chic star and friend of the DJ, Nile Rodgers, also took to Twitter to share his sadness at the news.
He wrote: "I still can't believe Tim's gone. #RIP @Avicii - Love always. You were so gifted and I'm glad I shares the planet while you walked it."

I still can't believe Tim's gone. @Avicii - Love always. You were so gifted and I'm glad I shared the planet while you walked it.
Big bro https://twitter.com/nilerodgers/status/987438983557726208 
Nile also revealed his 'sadness' to see Avicii putting his health at risk when he was drunk at a concert they did together they performed at together years ago.
"It was a little bit sad to me because he had promised me he would stop drinking, and when I saw him he was drunk that night," he told Associated Press.
"And I was like, 'Whoa. Dude. C'mon. What are you doing? What's going on? You said that that was done'."
He added: "I didn't even stick around for his performance because it was breaking my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

© copyright Divvys Blog 2018. Powered by Blogger.