News, Celebrities Gossip, Entertainment Gist and more...follow stories as they happen.

Post Top Ad

Ellen Degeneres Says That Unjustified Police Killings Of Black Men Make Her ‘Furious’ & ‘Ashamed’ As A White Person



CNN host VanJones visited the EllenShow on Friday where he discussed unjustified police killings of black men with the daytime talk show host. Ellen felt that Van was the perfect person to discuss it with, because it makes her so upset even to the point where she’s ashamed.
“There have been so many African-American men who have been shot by police and nothing seems to change,” an emotional Ellen said. “I can hardly talk about it without getting emotional. I’m furious. As a white person, I’m ashamed. I see what’s going on and I think how is this possible that this keeps happening? There’s just blatant racism. And it hurts me, it really hurts me.”
Van Jones went on to tell Ellen that he fears for his two sons “every single day” and explained how there’s a double standard when it comes to the way we all treat black kids versus white kids.
“It’s not just the police. We’ve got some malware glitch going on in our brains,” Jones began. “We’ve got this brain glitch that says, if a white kid [does something bad], eh, maybe they need a little help. If a black kid does, we’ve got to punish them.” DeGeneres responded, “I want to say it’s not in my brain. I don’t believe that, I don’t think that, I don’t see myself in that way at all. And it makes me angry.”
You guys can check out the rest of the clip below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

© copyright Divvys Blog 2018. Powered by Blogger.