News, Celebrities Gossip, Entertainment Gist and more...follow stories as they happen.

Post Top Ad

Arsene Wenger insists he is leaving Arsenal to stop warring fans TRASHING the club




The Frenchman said supporters fighting over his future had damaged the Gunners’ reputation around the world as a club with values.
Fans have been split over Wenger’s future in recent years with growing numbers demanding he goes, sparking regular fights last season.
“I am not resentful with the fans,” said Wenger who announced on Friday he will step down in the summer after 22 years in charge.
“I just feel that if my personality is in the way of what I think our club is, for me that is more important than me staying.
“I was not tired. But I believe this club is respected all over the world, much more than in England.
Our fans did not give the image of unity at the club I want all over the world. That was hurtful.
“We can speak and speak and speak but sport is about winning and losing and you have to accept you will lose games, even when I am not here any more.
“But it is as well about something bigger than just winning or losing and for me that was always a worry - how the club was perceived worldwide.
“For kids playing in Africa, China and America and the dreams it can create for young children who want to play football and all our clubs have a responsibility for that.
“If you travel with us – and I travel a lot – this club is respected all over the world, and that is down to work and the way we play football, the way we behave and the way we treat people.
“I want that to go on and be respected and give the image I think is right, even if there is a lot of money in the game.
“Above that, it is more than the money, more than the result. It is the way the club is received and the impression it leaves all over the world.”
Starsport revealed on Saturday that Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri and Hoffenheim’s Julian Naglesmann are in the frame to replace Wenger, with former Barcelona boss Luis Enrique also under consideration.
Everton have contacted Wenger about the possibility of a shock move to Goodison and Starsport can reveal they hope to pair him with former Arsenal fullback and current Dynamo Kiev assistant Oleg Luzhny.
But Wenger hinted last night, after two goals from Alexandre Lacazette and strikes from Nacho Monreal and Aaron Ramsey saw off West Ham, that he could not see himself managing another Premier League club.
“If you speak about emotions that will certainly be emotionally difficult,” said Wenger.
Wenger, who also confirmed he will not have any input into picking his successor, also joked about the huge reaction to his shock announcement.
“I don’t need to die any more - I know what people will say about me,” he said.
West Ham equalised through Marko Anautovic but were undone when young centre back Declan Rice ducked under a Ramsey cross, allowing it to float into the net.
Hammers boss David Moyes said: “A young player makes a really poor mistake for the second goal and I hope he learns from it because he’s got potential. If it happens again then you don’t progress.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

© copyright Divvys Blog 2018. Powered by Blogger.