News, Celebrities Gossip, Entertainment Gist and more...follow stories as they happen.

Post Top Ad

Kylie Jenner makes more money than other Kardashian sisters - and here's why

New mum Kylie doesn't let her youth hold her back when it comes to building her business empire.


She's the youngest of the Kardashians – and, thanks to her coveted beauty range, she’s the biggest earner.
Kylie Jenner, 20, who recently gave birth to daughter Stormi, is believed to be worth more than £275million.
And Forbes estimate that in under five years, she could well be a dollar billionaire.
Kylie is said to have started her lip gloss range as a “fun hobby” while she was a teenager.
Growing up on screen, the Keeping up with the Kardashians star was never destined for a boring office job.
While big sister Kendall Jenner, 22, has become a hugely successful model, Kylie has headed down the beauty product route.
More specifically, she took her biggest asset – her lips – and created a global business around them
Kylie launched her Lip Kits, a liquid lipstick with matching lip pencil, in November 2015 and they quickly began flying off the shelves.
The first launch had just three shades of lipstick which fans could only get online.
They sold out in seconds and within weeks it was clear that Kylie had tapped into a market – a younger market than her sister
Kim Kardashian aims for with her KKW Beauty range.
Kylie said: “She’s like almost 20 years older than me. I feel like my make-up is definitely more young, fun. It’s just different.”
The new mum is aiming high with her brand, which she expertly pushes to her 97million Instagram followers.
Kylie’s Snapchat followers are treated to make-up tutorials, too. It’s no wonder she is head of marketing for her brand.
She said: “I don’t pay for advertisements and I don’t do commercials. Social media is the only way I push it – Snapchat,
Instagram. I want to be as big as the other (cosmetic) brands.”
Having earned almost £30million, Kylie last year became the youngest celebrity on the Forbes 100 – a list of the 100 top-paid celebrities in the world.
To put Kylie’s achievements into perspective, it took Tom Ford Beauty 10 years to earn $500million (£359million), it took 25 years for Bobbi Brown to hit $1billion (£717million) in earnings in 2016 and it took L’Oréal’s Lancôme 80 years to reach that landmark in 2015.
It’s clear that Kylie, who studied YouTube tutorials on how to apply make-up from an early age, is a big player in the industry.
She now sells a huge range of make-up on her website, which she curates herself.
Kylie said she is delighted to have found her niche. She told Fast Company magazine: “I used to ask my mom, ‘What’s my thing? Kendall has modeling, what’s my thing?’ I’m just so happy that now I have this.
“I want to expand into a full cosmetics line – foundations, concealers, everything under the sun.”
Aside from Kylie Cosmetics, she earns money from her app, merchandise sold through her online store The Kylie Shop, two clothes lines with Kendall, a book series and partnerships with retail brands including Puma and Quay Australia.
Of the siblings, Kylie is the richest by far. In second place is Kim, who has a £127million fortune. Khloe is worth £29million, Kourtney has about £26million, Kendall is worth about £13million and brother Rob has an estimated £5.7million.
Kylie said: “I feel like people don’t take me seriously as a businesswoman because of my age and my reputation. I feel like they’re starting to. I like to prove people wrong.”
source-dailyrecord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

© copyright Divvys Blog 2018. Powered by Blogger.