News, Celebrities Gossip, Entertainment Gist and more...follow stories as they happen.

Post Top Ad

An Irish blogger with over 100,000 followers is leaving social media after admitting to rigging an Instagram contest to give the prizes to her friends


An Irish blogger has confessed to rigging an Instagram contest so that her friends could win the prizes. She also announced that she will be leaving social media following the backlash.
Terrie McEvoy, who boasts an impressive following of over 116,000 people on Instagram, admitted to the allegations, which date back to 2015, and apologized on social media for it. 
McEvoy ran two Instagram competitions in 2015 on behalf of a jewelry company, Tower Jewellers. She then hand-picked her best friend and her brother’s girlfriend as the two winners. This was discovered by an Instagram account which has since been deleted.

An Irish blogger with over 100,000 followers is leaving social media after admitting to rigging an Instagram contest to give the prizes to her friends

McEvoy admitted to rigging the giveaways so she could give her two friends the prize bracelets. She also elaborated on the claims and why she decided to choose her friends.

Captioning an Instagram post showing her petting a baby Kangaroo, the popular blogger wrote: "Sometimes you just need to take a little step back from the madness… cuddle a kangaroo and then move forward."

An Irish blogger with over 100,000 followers is leaving social media after admitting to rigging an Instagram contest to give the prizes to her friends

She continued: "I just wanted to say something small before I put this to bed — I picked my brother's girlfriend and a close friend at the time to win a competition for a bracelet in 2015.
"Approx 100 people entered each one… I think I knew about 30 of the people that entered at the time… I had a small following BUT, I know that’s not an excuse.
"I 100% should have picked somebody I didn’t know and I appreciate why people were so angry, I TOTALLY understand... But I just want people to know that at the time I had my reasons to pick these two particular girls and my heart was in the right place…"

An Irish blogger with over 100,000 followers is leaving social media after admitting to rigging an Instagram contest to give the prizes to her friends

The blogger then describes the tears she has cried, but insists the past is the past. She then revealed that she will be taking a break from social media so she can continue "to keep focusing on me". The social media blogger has already deleted her Facebook.
The post has received more than 7,000 comments with many commenters defending McEvoy’s decision and leaving words of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

© copyright Divvys Blog 2018. Powered by Blogger.